First Judgement against german Metin2 servers.

NoFr1ends

• Honorable Member

https://www.golem.de/news/gameforge-erstes-urteil-gegen-betreiber-illegaler-spieleserver-1804-133970.html

I will translate the article soon.

TL;DR Against the owner of Cyperia anderen Hardcore Reloaded fined 90 daily sentances à 20 euro and forced to spend 3.000€ to Gaming Aid.

• Love 1

• Premium
22 hours ago, DevChuckNorris said:

https://www.golem.de/news/gameforge-erstes-urteil-gegen-betreiber-illegaler-spieleserver-1804-133970.html

I will translate the article soon.

TL;DR Against the owner of Cyperia anderen Hardcore Reloaded fined 90 daily sentances à 20 euro and forced to spend 3.000€ to Gaming Aid.

well i was expecting worse

• Premium

It's seems to be more than a law action against the fraud than a takedown against metin2 servers and/or owners.

GF is based in Germany but they can exploit the license throughout Europe so I think they can probably strike in Europe. Also private metin2 servers outside of Europe are rare. Even official servers stopped 5 years ago in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, USA (and much more).

Outside of Europe, there is only sg that comes to my mind, sg which is no longer / borderline official

The dollar and the euro are rising, so the Turkish government will not allow it. If necessary, the Turkish government may not implement democracy. For this reason, not more sanctions on turkey. Gameforge is not a company that taxpayers turkey. Turkey is moving away from Western culture and Western states. They can not impose sanctions on Turkish servers. 

Sorry i don't write english ( Use https://translate.google.com )

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

• Management

What if we have our servers outside European jurisdiction? Ping on metin2 isn't that much important than on cs go or any fps or moba...

I know that they still can process us, but there's not much to go on and prof besides the testimony of one guy and maybe because of that they can get a search warrant for the computers and shit, but besides that, what can happen if we work on the cloud for example?

raw

raw

• Premium
Acum 10 ore, charparodar a spus:

What if we have our servers outside European jurisdiction? Ping on metin2 isn't that much important than on cs go or any fps or moba...

I know that they still can process us, but there's not much to go on and prof besides the testimony of one guy and maybe because of that they can get a search warrant for the computers and shit, but besides that, what can happen if we work on the cloud for example?

As much as i know, the cloud is formed above some sort of physical servers, right? It depends on the location where you're colocated, your "cloud" is influenced by the datacenter's location because it doesn't mean that if the term "cloud" is available your server will be somewhere in Antarctida.  That's totally irrelevant, but this is old news, he got caught in 2016 and he had to pay 50k euros as i know to the german government then he bought a server in nepal or syria (that's what i heard from here and there).

Now that we're talking networking, with any sort of warrant the accuser can take responsability only in his country, in this case only germany. ( so don't buy hosting in germany )

#i forgot to add info, if they want to "judge" with you, they will need an entire process to take your server down and to "bust" you and that's gonna take time, like 1-2 years (just for one server)