How to start off? Would this DS be enough?

Hello everyone, who's reading this thread. I've been thinking a lot and I decided to create a Metin2 Private Server.
First of all, I'm not a complete beginner, but I'm only experienced with hamachi P-Servers, but as hamachi times are gone, I would like to create a legit P-Server running on a dedicated server, which I would like to buy on OVH.com.

And to start it all off, I probably need and prefer something cheap and so I found this:
CPU: Intel Xeon D-1520 - 4c/8t - 2.4GHz /2.7GHz RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz

And the question is, would this be enough for beginning?
Including 1Gbps/1Gbps connectivity.

And would you recommend me using FreeBSD or Windows Server or something else?
I would like to run website, databases and the p-server on the dedicated server.

Also... Which serverfile would you recommend me as I would like to start off completely from scratch, with basically nothing done.
I only have one requirement: Off.Serverfile at least 2012+

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
strangereu

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And to the serverfiles.
Which would you recommend me? I found lots of serverfiles, but the official ones do not work on localhosts according to authors of the threads.

Recommendation serverfiles + client would be great.

It should be something as official servers, I don't mind how old it is. I only want basic files and levels visible.