[I PAY] Arial font problem

• Premium

Hey,

It's a common diacritic bug, I don't know why it's happening because Arial was the default font metin used back then.

There's a workaround if you try to increase the size but it will be ugly as well. I also reduced these bugs (with another font I use) by using it in the client sources wherever I found "Arial" and "Tahoma" and their related strings as for Korean version. I also noticed that the bug was not effective each time I launched the client, sometimes the "9" is affected and sometimes everything is working fine. Note that the italic version is completely bugged.

Maybe we need to include the ".ttf" directly inside the client and make the client read the font from it. This is the only stuff I know about it and I think the only servers with unbugged Arial fonts are former official servers as well as WoM2 and SG.

• Love 1

Just change PichFont from DEFAULT_PITCH to VARIABLE_PITCH:

DEFAULT_PITCH:  The default pitch, which is implementation-dependent.

FIXED_PITCH:  A fixed pitch, which means that all the characters in the font occupy the same width when output in a string.
VARIABLE_PITCH:  A variable pitch, which means that the characters in the font occupy widths that are proportional to the actual widths of the glyphs when output in a string. For example, the "i" and space characters usually have much smaller widths than a "W" or "O" character.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc250403.aspx

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Premium
1 hour ago, Johnny69 said:

Just change PichFont from DEFAULT_PITCH to VARIABLE_PITCH:

DEFAULT_PITCH:  The default pitch, which is implementation-dependent.

FIXED_PITCH:  A fixed pitch, which means that all the characters in the font occupy the same width when output in a string.
VARIABLE_PITCH:  A variable pitch, which means that the characters in the font occupy widths that are proportional to the actual widths of the glyphs when output in a string. For example, the "i" and space characters usually have much smaller widths than a "W" or "O" character.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc250403.aspx

Thank you. I made this change, but didn't made any difference.

I found that If i change from locale.cfg to "en" i will gets just 2-3 letters with diacritics, but if I use another like ( es, ro, de ) i will get alot.

Edit:

If i use locale_interface.txt translated in english, i don't have any problem.

• Honorable Member

Maybe this?

self.serverInfo.SetText("sv:HQ:0.0.0.0:ÑÑÑÇatrix") # This is INTENDED! If you change this horrendous thing, fix the dot bug before 
														   # (This solves it for the english alphabet)
		self.serverInfo.SetText("")

4dfbb4eb4c.png

(c)Wom@Think(?)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium
1 hour ago, xP3NG3Rx said:

Maybe this?

self.serverInfo.SetText("sv:HQ:0.0.0.0:ÑÑÑÇatrix") # This is INTENDED! If you change this horrendous thing, fix the dot bug before 
														   # (This solves it for the english alphabet)
		self.serverInfo.SetText("")

4dfbb4eb4c.png

(c)Wom@Think(?)

I think isn't just enought to write this in intrologin.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...