metin2united
Vanilla

[SRC] Vanilla Core [latest: r71480]

257 posts in this topic

Since things changed and I do not wish to get into legal trouble I decided not to continue this project.

I don't mind anyone reuploading or sharing the RC build. That's up to you guys, you'd know what you're doing.

Thanks to those who helped me and sorry for those I may have disappointed.

• Sad 3

La 10.07.2019 la 15:08, Unfixable a spus:

Since things changed and I do not wish to get into legal trouble I decided not to continue this project.

I don't mind anyone reuploading or sharing the RC build. That's up to you guys, you'd know what you're doing.

Thanks to those who helped me and sorry for those I may have disappointed.

Don't worry sooner or later they would have taken this kind of action anyway.

Thank you for your patince trying to help me & thank you for sharing with me! I wish you good luck!

I'm still stuck :P at mysql8 and the auth crash.I will try to find a solution.Wihtout a clean compatible clean and a clean svf it won't be easy.But i will try ^^

Things didnt changed, they are the same as they have always been.

Everything related to private servers is illegal, be it metin2 or any other game.

• Like 1

Am 11.7.2019 um 17:22 schrieb tierrilopes:

Things didnt changed, they are the same as they have always been.

Everything related to private servers is illegal, be it metin2 or any other game.

I think there's a difference. Gameforge actually did something bigger this time, they're clearly against it and trying to pursue those who participate in illegal actions regarding metin2. For the most time I've been here I didn't see something like this. Yes, sometimes a server got knocked down, but that'd actually be a hoax too. This time they indeed did take action in pursuing it. So I have no interest in getting my hands dirty with a project I'd like to share just because it's my hobby. I'm not doing that. If anyone still wishes to continue this project he may do so, I don't care, but note that it's Gameforge that actually cares.

And since there's been some speculation about why and what happened: NO, I did NOT get any message from Gameforge etc... And I'm not in legal trouble. I want to keep it that way, that's the reason I stopped the project. Though I definitely know that some people got RC-versions before this happened. So if they share it, you'd get the most recent version. But that's up to them, not me.

Btw. a moderator should probably close this thread. There's no reason to keep it open.

• Sad 6