[Private Servers] What happens?

Legend

24 minutes ago, VegaS said:

Photo from me (discussion between me and an owner who is in that list, one of the largest.)

28b2712feee9479abac9b39bdefc68f2.png

This is very bad for these people who have these servers.

For these people who want to open a server i think the only solution is that:

Outside of europe is the only solution to keep a server alive.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Premium

Do you see the pattern? All that servers used cloudflare. GF made just some reports to cloudflare and they disabled the ns or something like that. Another pattern is that all are(were) german. GF is german, so they can report only in their country or they just look for germany which is more easy for them.

Don't use metin2 name anymore guys, find another name for your server, make your server don't look with metin2.

Change the interface.

:D

ps : Cyperia announced the closure on facebook ( they said for personal reasons and because a person died ) anyway.

• Premium

Looks like only germany, but until someone don't tell what happend we can only wondering
We don't know what gameforge done, maybe the only takedown websites, and owners in panic disabled game servers also.

i have hope owners of these server are not coward and tell something more ;x

shiro3 statment
translated via google

Dear Community, 

as you know, it came yesterday at 23:00 to the decision to move the server start of the project due to legal reasons indefinitely. I want to mention again that you should please stay calm here. We had this serious decision taken quickly, to the situation in which we find ourselves is clear. 

The project Shiro3 is not canceled. It could be that we start this weekend. It may also be that it is shifted by 7 days. To you to name any exact period, we have access to the generalized term "indefinitely". 

Thus, of course, should also be clear that your investments, whether money or anticipation going, never lost. You need us as a community some understanding bring to, because we're not talking about a DDoS or hacker attack, but of something far worse.

Therefore, I ask now officially again: Widespread no rumors and tolerated you today. We will not later than tonight the correct information and give everything more known. 

Best regards, 
The Shiro3 team

• Honorable Member
7 hours ago, Shisui said:

They're playing with fire, in my humble opinion.

Even if they do so, Gameforge is not going to get new players with this. They already burnt all their players with their failure of "marketing strategy".

The only reason Metin2 lasted up to 2016 was for the mods and the pservers, otherwise it would have been as good as dead. They know it, and that's why they did nothing so far. Now they are desperate, so they will try everything possible to milk more money&players from everywhere.

In German, there's a strict law about copyright infringements (never applied to metin2 since 2009 for some "unknown reasons"), so the possibilities are 3:

1) they got DMCA'd from ovh/cloudflare/everywhere possible (like in 2010)

2) they got fined/sanctioned/sued (very improbable)

3) they got threaten by gf, so they are making the new project "take the money and ran far away"

As long as WOM is online (one of the biggest threats to GF), I'm not going to believe to the "annihilation" theory

• Love 8

2 minutes ago, martysama0134 said:

Even if they do so, Gameforge is not going to get new players with this. They already burnt all their players with their failure of "marketing strategy".

The only reason Metin2 lasted up to 2016 was for the mods and the pservers, otherwise it would have been as good as dead. They know it, and that's why they did nothing so far. Now they are desperate, so they will try everything possible to milk more money&players from everywhere.

In German, there's a strict law about copyright infringements (never applied to metin2 since 2009 for some "unknown reasons"), so the possibilities are 3:

1) they got DMCA'd from ovh/cloudflare/everywhere possible (like in 2010)

2) they got fined/sanctioned/sued (very improbable)

3) they got threaten by gf, so they are making the new project "take the money and ran far away"

As long as WOM is online (one of the biggest threats to GF), I'm not going to believe to the "annihilation" theory

i think the same.

These measures are not even remotely a threat. They can shut down and sue, as much as they wish, because the pserver community will never fall.

Offtopic: Blizzard ( World of Warcraft's developer and publisher ) is a company bigger than Webzen + Ymir + Gameforge * 20 and they've tried to make a move in the private servers scene, they failed.

• Honorable Member

There are too much stories out there what exactly happened and until one of the affected people is talking about everything i will keep shaking my eggs. :D

Some big rumors are:

- they have denigrated each other

- Cops are on high alert ( tax investigation unit )

- Gameforge is "enrage"

Dont understand the trashtalking.

One server goes down for unknown reasons: "OMFG GF GONNA SUE US - FK IM OUTTA HERE!"

DU5yKO5.png

If you are in this business things like a takedown can happen.
A real takedown wouldve worked a little different. They wouldve just been fucked like this if they ignored all the DMCA takedown notices.

Now stop pissing your pants and just continue as usual, not that big of a deal.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 3

21bf694a35924bd3a8fd93f7708b380c.png

sVm8b.png

Hello Community,

as you know, our serverstart was moved on to an indefinite time because of legal problems. But we have good news. The start will only be moved a couple of days. Please wait for more Information till tomorow. Then we have ALL INFORMATION for you. It will be before the evening tomorow! THANK YOU!.

c730bbbe27ab462494e90fe076aa321c.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, VegaS said:

21bf694a35924bd3a8fd93f7708b380c.png

sVm8b.png

Hello Community,

as you know, our serverstart was moved on to an indefinite time because of legal problems. But we have good news. The start will only be moved a couple of days. Please wait for more Information till tomorow. Then we have ALL INFORMATION for you. It will be before the evening tomorow! THANK YOU!.

c730bbbe27ab462494e90fe076aa321c.png

You made my day. xDDDD

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

• Premium

Bullshit...Really guys, somebody think GF CAN stop all the pservers? Hell no. Most likely now they (GF) alerted CloudFlare to ban the biggest servers who's using their web protection. They can't do shit. These communitys have so much pservers worldwide, they can't ban all of them. The biggest ones, just moving from their hosting to another non european host. Not a big deal. They can never stop pservers, they've make big mistake's a couple of years ago (and they still make so many mistakes) when the source got public. And what if somebody makes another game with this shitty engine? Just replace some models, maps and edit the quest's and the npc names and that's it gf still can't do shit. New name for the new game, replace all the "gameforge" name in functions to "theycantdoshit" and thats it. We are metinimus we are legion etc. Funny how GF tryna act like they can stop people to make money with and from their shit. It's a vicious circle.

• Love 3

50 minutes ago, OhhDaNips said:

Bullshit...Really guys, somebody think GF CAN stop all the pservers? Hell no. Most likely now they alerted CloudFlare to ban the biggest servers who's using their web protection. They can't do shit. These communitys have so much pservers worldwide, they can't ban all of them. The biggest ones, just moving from their hosting to another non european host. Not a big deal. They can never stop pservers, they've make big mistake's a couple of years ago (and they still make so many mistakes) when the source got public. And what if somebody makes another game with this shitty engine? Just replace some models, maps and edit the quest's and the npc names and that's it gf still can't do shit. New name for the new game, replace all the "gameforge" name in functions to "theycantdoshit" and thats it. We are metinimus we are legion etc. Funny how GF tryna act like they can stop people to make money with and from their shit. It's a vicious circle.

CloudFlare is causing problems?! Move to akamai.