Character move rotation

Check the packet about position and rotation and see if there is any reference.

I bet its on the move packet, a quick look at its receiving and parsing:

bool CPythonNetworkStream::RecvCharacterMovePacket()

Therefore, i noted this on the rotation:

kNetMoveActorData.m_fRot=kMovePacket.bRot*5.0f;

Why would it be needed to multiply it by 5?

An if im not wrong, the way the character in the print, he always rotates to left(maybe its positive, im not sure about it, i dont know much about how rotation values work tho).

Tomorrow ill have a look at the code to see if i find anything and test that one.

Regards

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jodie said:

Do you know reverse engineering? Post the old executable file (metin2client.bin) if you don't. You can try to reverse engine to the executable file to find the right things for move rotation if you do. The last chance is you have to try which one looks good for you by yourself.

- Jodie

I dont believe that would help in reality.

The best thing you can do is do some checkpoints and track everything movement related, animation assignment, update, etc, that can be relevant.

I took a look but i could not find anything tho, i also interested in this tho, but i can't really spend time on it unfortunately.

I may do a extense research on this later, if i do and find it meanwhile, ill post it.

Regards

Just now, NewWars said:

I dont believe that would help in reality.

The best thing you can do is do some checkpoints and track everything movement related, animation assignment, update, etc, that can be relevant.

I took a look but i could not find anything tho, i also interested in this tho, but i can't really spend time on it unfortunately.

I may do a extense research on this later, if i do and find it meanwhile, ill post it.

Regards

You can find the line and re-write for yourself if you know reverse engineering well or you can try more and more until which one looks good for you. In my case, it's better to find the line with reverse engineering.

- Jodie

• 3 weeks later...