New server ideas

Timasu

158 members have voted

1. 1. Metin2 mode?

• classic (actual, but more easy)
    • old school (2007-2009 like)
    • new style (new armours, new weapons, quests, modes)

Hi, I want to know which mode you like? (classic, old school, new style)

Because in Romania 80% of Private Servers players like classic and old school.

But I obs. that in Germany many players like new style (new interface, new armours, ....)

Here, I want to know your opinon and If you have some ideas for server plase leave here a comment. 

:D Thanks

• Premium

Oldschool is less work and you earn as much or more than with a newschool server. That's why few people take the risk.

Metin2 gameplay is what keeps players on the game, change it radically and it's more likely than not that you will end up with something worse than Ymir's one.

• Love 3

Oldschool is less work and you earn as much or more than with a newschool server. That's why few people take the risk.

Metin2 gameplay is what keeps players on the game, change it radically and it's more likely than not that you will end up with something worse than Ymir's one.

True story, i think the best thing is an oldschool server with new systems :)

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium

What I always wanted as a player is, the same game but deeper. Newer technologies let us do things that were not possible or too demanding in 2004 and we have tons of examples of gameplay variations in other mmorpgs. I want to be able to swin, or jump. I want enemies that display some sort of AI. I want grass (lol). I hope as people work more with the source we see more things that break the mould of oldschool/newschool.

• Love 10

• 3 months later...

as a devloper i think that classic is the best (from arabic players)

sence some of theme does not accept new systems but they do like hard things more easy then gf harder then pvp

this is more easy for devloping but harder to maintine

but im not against having some (or many) new system but i will go with classic

and if you think only about the monye it would be the same as long as you have good idea

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

I think old school with new thing is best. But oldschool servers is too much.. That's the reason why i'm doing completly newschool with all new things. Metin is one of the best game, has one of the best rpg systems but time was changed.. We're not in 2004 and today standart is higher and higher.. Ymir could make more often updates and upgrade full desing ingame.. They have new developers (desingers and coders..) so we can just hope that new updates will more often.. Not one update for year...

• Love 2

plechi-frost-dungeon.gif

in my opinion, oldschool is actually harder to earn money in.. being someone who has mainly done oldschools...

unless it's more difficult, like WOM.. which is closer to (but not exactly as much) difficult as officials.. it has some more similarities too that other oldschools didn't have before it came around. Also it's harder to sustain oldschools because it's hard to add content and keep the server classified as oldschool. People go to it because of what it's labeled as. As a newschool server you are more free to make innovations and additions to the gameplay.

as a player, most of my time in pservers I've preferred oldschools. My first server was WorldMetin2 (not Shogun's server, a guy named Garrisson owned it many years ago). The server ended up being corrupt (people like Zabuza and Menfisto from Metin2US had GM powers and were doing stupid things).

Eventually my friends and I moved on to Metin2Factory (the second one that was made). I was able to pull some Metin2US players there and also saw some familiar people. We stuck around through various United servers, the originals like Atheros, memphis, etc.. Some servers like Soulju2 had some nice things about them which were new school. But my friends and I loved oldschool servers for a long time. After running out of servers to play on, because newschools were either boring, or corrupt (Paul/pursusha/wannabar/cabardi/sonystyle) I ended up making my own which ofc that loser Chris Chia singled out.

overall point being.. I think alot of older players will always have respect for a good oldschool server, but as people have said.. things are changing/have changed and I personally don't think the old style of oldschool isn't popular enough anymore to survive financially and keep a decent player count. So since I can't decide between old and new, I'm gonna choose new for now because if I had to play right now I'd like to see a few new things.. nice designs and features..new weapons and mobs and maps.. etc..

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There a plenty of things which could be done ..like replacing the older kingdoms with newer ones + new (+decent)maps which should look more realistic

more details in the world(animals, flowing waterstreams,...) as an example..the environment should "live")

bigger villages not just 7 buildings and yeah a "safe zone" which doesnt fit in the environment.

this is what i personally want and this isnt everything ..there are so many things to do + these obvious things:

- better, realistic and fitting textures

- actually "grass" new foliage

- swimming and jumping like Shogun said

- more haircuts (normal looking ones not the troll ones)

- new and many npc's..they doesnt even need to do something just for the environment.

- raining system or maps which cointain rain

but yes the problem is that its very difficult and most of the people doesnt know how to do stuff like that ..like me

im just a leveleditor who tries to make things beautfiul and gameplay friendly..but hey..maybe i will learn this stuff....someday

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

As a player i tink the best server will be a combination betwen old and new style..but the thing is not to change the game to much if you add some nice effects (grass,a new ambient music),also some nice quests and runs and some new items like collection items to get a wepon or a pet,about wepons and armours max 4 evolutions will be enought..i hate those privates with 10 evolution..All been saying, i hope if you tink about opening a new server you should took my advice..

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want a make server with good sounds. When level up then one bigroom drops start and say : youuu level up (with unique girl voice lol) 

When you kill boss then say something nice to players and i think people like this.

You know, much players have a EGO and this sound system maybe feed their ego. Players want play for hear these sounds.

Fact is that: Much players play metin2 without sound. maybe this idea worst, but i want :)

If you have suggestions about this please write me.

• 5 weeks later...

Another question: Mode? PvP, PvM Easy, PvM Hard?

pvp -> player vs player (some server use pvp battel to level up for such a thing) << sample metin2story (secound server ) (arabic)

pvm -> Player Vs Monster (i have never seen one)

pve -> player vs envirenement (as hard as GFs or far cry harder) (most of them are easyer or as hard as gf with 50% bonus)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...